Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Since Spain...

So, Since spain I have not been at site too much.  There are lots of things happening that I had to go to.  There was a long Urban Ag summit in kolda.  it was ok.  I learned what air layering is.  I hadnt even heard of that term before!  I also bought a pomegranate! It was really great seeing my Uag friends after a few months.  I was also able to go to the pool everyday! I love the pool!  then there was volunteer visits, so I stayed in Kolda for a few more days to meet the newbies.  They seem pretty nice.  really pretty girls.
My host mom is still in the vilalge for a religious thing, so I have been going to all the tiny little restaurants that velingara has to offer.  some are niceer than others.  there are a few that only has girls working there and they all try to talk to the "rich" white guy, but I don't really give them the time of day.  there is one place that I think may double as a whore house.  its near the bus station and gas station.  the food wasnt very good, but the interior was pretty nice, and there were 3 pretty girls working that were all talking to me the whole time.  one of my favorite places to go now is a meat plate place, the guys there are really nice, its near by, and the food is delicious.  there is also a fan!  having a fan in the restaurant is soo crucial to my repeated business.  there is one fancy restaurant that I know of now.  the food is pretty good, it comes with a salad and some bread.  its twice as expensive as most restaurants and there is no fan.  I think i will return there in the cold season only.  the puppy keeps digging up the garden.  he is a bad boy!  he will fetch though, so thats fun.  he is adorable.  I might end up stealing him and bringing him back to the states.  he only speaks pulaar, so it would be funny bringing him home and having people try to give him commands in english.  thats all for now

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment