Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Espagne part dos

So, Then we went on to Barcelona.  That was awesome!  We took a high speed train (yay trains!) and I got to experience the beautiful spanish country side.  I think I saw a castle, but im not sure. The spanish country side is gorgeous.  Then when we got to Barcelona, I realized that one of my bags was gone.  long story short it was stolen, and our tourguide (the angel that she was) was able to have the train people locate it (sorry my english is getting worst everyday).  most things were still in my bag, but my new beard trimmer, and battery charger were gone.  luckily they didn't touch the Bacon! barcelona was much warmer than Madrid (thank goodness) although it was still kinda chilly.  First we went to the Olympic Stadium.  I love the olympics, so that was really awesome to see.  Then we took a bus tour for some of the afternoon of the beautiful city.  then I ran into my arch enemy again... The bank! (see previous posts) for some reason, after I told Chase Bank via phone, and via online banking that I would be in spain, they put a hold on my account.  I eventually fixed it and everything was fine.  The food in Barcelona was awesome!  I ate a lot of bacon (The hotel breakfasts were very lack luster, and were very senegalese.  bread, butter, bad coffee, I was very unhappy with the barcelona hotel breakfast)   There was cake, and bacon, and chorizo, and all sorts of stuff everywhere.  The coolest part of Barcelona is the Gaudi stuff.  The architecture there is unbelievable.  I highly recommend going to the gaudi park.  there was one place that was very overwhelming.  There is a large market that has jsut about everything.  I couldnt handle it.  it had dragon fruit and berries!  BERRIES!!! there was such a large variety off foods, and it was so crowded, but no one was bothering me, It really freaked me out.  I had a whole 5 minutes in there then I had to leave.  But then I found a bar.  everyone spoke english, the bartender was from somewhere in europe, but a jew, and had recently completed service in the Israeli army.  he was a cool dude.  After the bar i kept wandering, and then I found something amazing.  barcelona has a dominos Pizza.  yeah! I ate some pizza.  some real american style delicious pizza.  they served beer there too but it was too expensive. My last day in Barcelona I wandered around, for days I was dreaming of my favorite american fast food breakfast, the sausage egg cheese bisquit sandwich from McDonalds.  one would think oh its Barcelona and there are many McDonalds around of course you will be able to find one that has breakfast.  but no.  I walked around Barcelona with my luggage for an hour trying to find an opened McDonalds.  at about 10:30 I found one and rushed in all happy and smiling really big, "Finally what I have ben waiting for!" I said to myself.  I went up to the counter and asked for breakfast and she looked at me and said something in spanish to the equivallent of we dont serve breakfast here.  I didnt say anything else.  I jsut turned with a frown and walked out. later that day and found a cool american style bar.  everyone spoke english.  there was a game that I played where you have to balance a coin on a lemon floating in a pitcher of water.  I won like 4 times, and each time you do it you get a shot.  the bartender was one of the most beautiful girls ive ever met.  she was swedish, and was sooo into me.  she wanted me to stay an extra night.  I couldnt, and I left.  At the airport I started singing when i was in the duty free store.  the song i sang went like this...duty freeeee liquor, Duty freeee liquor, oh look duty free chorizo, duty free chorizo!.  it was a good song, it was great.  Spain was awesome.  On the ride home I met a really pretty pulaar girl.  she was sitting next to me on the plane.  we talked for most of the ride.  she was really hot.  she gave me her number (shwing!).  I dont think i will ever call her though, because african women scare me.
when I got home, it was full blown mango season! and I was locked out of my house for a few minutes and I looked up at the mighty mango tree in my yard and said to it "oh mango tree why can't there be a mango close to the ground so that I can eat a mango?" and then suddenly a mango fell from the tree.  I ate it.  I love my mango tree.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment