Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Am Doing Things

So,  I have started to do things here at site.  I have almost completed the organization for my garden workshops, although I am running into some trouble.  The womens groups keep trying to haggle, and bargain with me about the price.  I can't change the price.  That is just silly.  For the Demonstration garden I am doing, I finally have a budget and a mason.  I am going to have an awesome well, and really nice fence.  I was a little skeptical about this guy at first, but then he showed up with blueprints from world vision, and told me that he has done similar wells nearby.  I think he is pretty legit now.  the guy that is supplying the materials speaks english pretty well, and I like that in case i need to explain some details.

Today is easter!  My puppy got neutered today! instead of looking for easter eggs some guys came over to my house and looked for puppy balls!  they found them!  from what I heard one man held his head, one held the puppies front legs, one man held the puppies back legs, and one man held the tail and razorblade.  I was at a garden when this was all happening two streets away.  I could hear the screams of terror from the puppy as he was put under the knife.  when I got home he looked like he was doing ok.  kind of bloody, but wagging his tail.  I think i am going to get him some meat tonight.  he had a rough day.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment