Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Warthog

So, today was good.  It started out normal, but then when I went to the pastry shop this crazy guy from cote D'voire came and started talking very loud and fast french to me.  it kinda freaked me out.  He was a crazy guy after all.  Then I think he was asking me for money or gloves, not sure which.  Then he took off his shirt to show me the huge cuts he had on his body (keep in mind that the pastry shop is on one of the biggest streets in the city).  it looked nasty.  he also showed me where on his foot it had been sliced open.  it was really gross.  afterwards he started following me and geoff around velingara.  geoff asked him why he was following us (geoff speaks french) and his response was that he is walking with his brother (me).  eventually we were able to get away.  and away we went! Geoff introduced me to a part of velingara that I had never seen before.  there were pretty nice looking houses and a couple of bars.  the bar we went to was a bar-resauraunt which specializes in its warthog platters.  it was delicious.  fresh warthog with sauteed onion in a kind of mustard sauce and a cold beer.  It was a good day.


-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment