Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Friday, November 12, 2010

Language

So, this week I had a language seminar.  a couple of other new volunteers came out of the bush and crashed at my place and at Pams.  classes were ok, I learned some dirty words.  There was an appropriate amount of drinking and debaucherie.  The whole week really tired me out, and ive been napping a lot the last two days.

The most exciting things that have happened this week:
I caught a chicken with my bare hands, just like Rocky!
I bought an extension cord surge protector!  this may not seem very exciting, but the outlet in my room doesnt work.  at night it gets hot, and then during the day it gets hotter.  now I can finally use my fan!  having a fan is very exciting!
Next week Ill be in Kolda for Tabaski! my senegalese host mother got me new clothes, this time the color doesnt resemble puke!  I think im going to look good.

For those of you that don't know about Tabaski (which includes myself a bit) Its an Islamic holiday where they observe the sacrifice abraham made instead of killing Ishmael (to the jews it was Isaac)  People observe this holiday by killing a goat and eating it.  I am excited.  this is a real holiday I can get my teeth into, literally! haha.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment