Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day at the Bank

Today I decided to take out some money.  I dont have an ATM card yet, so I had to write myself a check.  Pam came with me because I don't speak french.  We got there 10 minutes before the bank opened (it opens at 9:00).  there was already a line. We wrote our names down on some paper and waited.  while waiting we saw the cutest baby praying mantis! it was no longer than 2 inches and it had some pink in its body and its eyes were like yellow and red,( it was still changing to green) Pam thought that it was gross, so naturally I picked it up and began to play with it. While waiting I also noticed a man inside spraying the bank down with a fragrance spray, which I thought was kinda weird. At about 9:10 they decided that it was finally time to open up the bank.  The security guard standing outside tried the key on the front door.  It didn't work.  He then went around back and tried to open the door from the inside. it didn't work.  so for another 20 minutes or so (as the crowd was forming) they tried to open the door.  eventually it was opened.  I then waited in about 3 more lines until I got my money, by which time it was past 10:30.  It is fun to write a check here because I make 6 digits every month.  It feels like I have a lot of money, but I know that I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment