Michael Goldman
BP 157
Velingara, Senegal, West Africa

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sheep

So, today is the beginning of that wonderful month, Moustache March.  I hope everyone had a good fuzzy february to lead into Moustache march.  yes I do have a moustache, yes I do look a little creepy.  when I first shaved down to just the 'stache I thought that i would look very similar to the brawny man, or Tom Selleck.  this was not the case.  instead I think I look more like the character Mario, from Super Mario Brothers nintendo games.  I look very italian.  hopefully the "stache will grow in a bit more and by the end of the month I will have something to be proud of.

So, heres a funny story.  I am on my way to Kolda on official PC business (I have to meet with a guy about doing a workshop at a garden of mine). and I am sitting in my car, minding my own business when suddenly I feel something wet on my arm.  I think to myself "oh thats strange" since it had not rained for many months, and is not supposed to rain for many months.  but then I was getting wetter, and noticed that the wetness was dripping from the roof of the car.  I started to scream, as I knew what was happening.  As I was getting into the car an hour before I noticed that they had tied some sheep down to the roof, which is a very common practice, after all how else are you supposed to transport your sheep? (roof is really the only way to travel nowadays, with the price of gas rising and all...) so you guessed it, one of the sheep decided that is was time to pee and was pissing on me.  great. so I started screaming at the driver and he freaked out a bit cause all of a sudden the white guy is yelling about piss, and everyone else in the car is waiting to see what happens.  I roll up the window, and the pain was finally over...or so I thought.  after about an hour of sitting in the hot car, now with my window up (no AC, this is senegal) I figure I am in the clear, and I don't have to worry bout anything, but then it happened...I look out the window to see what looked like a waterfall of sheep piss, cascading down the outside of the window.  I freak at first, but then I realize its outside and do not pay much attention to it.  To my surprise however there was so much piss, and the car was in such bad shape that between the door and the car, sheep piss started trickling through onto me again.  I start to scream again, and cause a scene (after all, this is now the second time the same sheep has pissed on me, in the same place) I was given a rag and I clean up what I can and just try to forget, but the nightmare I am sure will never leave me.

-Mike

1 comment:

  1. I'm printing and carrying this blog post around with me to read whenever I need to laugh. I only wish I could get the story live. "A looooong, loooooong time ago..."

    ReplyDelete